Sunday 6 July 2008

After 3 weeks of relentless rain and cold, I pondered for a while, then trawled through my collection of summery photos to lighten the dreariness of winter. Perhaps my favourite place in New Zealand popped up and started my mind a wandering further. Places like these inspire and drive you to propell yourself out into the wilderness and far flung places not only in NZ but further afield. When you sit on the presipice and look down on the vastness of the bay below, you realise how small you are and how big the world is. No matter how big man becomes, we're still minaturised by mother nature. Are we ever going to be big enough to overwhelm her, I think not, and not before we destroy ourselves with our stupidity and lack of community spirit and general kindness. It's amazing sometimes how much inspiration and thought can transpire from an image!