Wednesday 24 January 2007

Well, shizenhausen. I thought I'd be a little more onto it with the posts but as luck would have it, work has taken the forefront and funnily enough, I like it. I like it a lot. I'm really really enjoying it. Scary but true. It's like finding an old favourite, long lost pair of jeans and realising they fit perfectly still. Being here doesn't feel foreign at all and I'm loving having my own space to do with as I want, with no one to disagree or give me grief. Not that there was before, but now I can feel it. It's an extraordinary experience. To top it all of, every single person I meet and talk to are so damn friendly and helpful, the people on the street are always willing to give you a massive smile and it all seems a bit spooky. Could there be a place where this really happens? With all the topsy turvy corners the country is going through at the moment, it seems more stable than the western world! From this side of the fence, the reaction to the coup is.........well.........nothing. My gut feel is let the Fijians get on with it and leave them alone, we're hurting them more than helping them at the moment and the media should take a moment and realise that dramatising things to the endth degree for a story is pathetic. Enough of that! Haha. I am well and enjoying the challenge and looking forward to whatever comes next. Till next time. And I'll be more proactive I promise. Time to turn the sausages...